Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Song #15: Anonymous

This week's song is influenced by the atmospheric Mazzy Star song, "Fade Into You," which is one of my favorite tunes of all time. I could listen to it over and over again and not get sick of it. For those of you not acquainted with this song, it was minor hit in the early 90s. I think it's been on a handful of movies and TV shows since then. The band has recorded 3 albums and kept playing off and on over the years but for the most part have stayed out of the spotlight. They are actually working on a new album this year, which I'm excited about.  
 


I tried to capture the same atmosphere that "Fade Into You" has by having a similar strumming pattern with the acoustic guitar, the same sort of tambourine part, a fair amount of reverb throughout, and a 6/8 time signature. I used the drum set sound on the keyboard for the kick, snare and cymbal. Does it sound believable?

So, what do you think? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment